Week 13 reconsidering the superhero

Reconsidering the superhero,

along with reading Watchmen for this week, I decided to revisit one of my own comic, Wonder Woman '77. the '77 comic is really beautiful and I am never going to regret buying it.
When we were watching the old school Batman tv show with Adam West, I remembered how ridiculous comics used to be back then. The sarcasm and ridiculousness of the show impressed me. I felt the show was going to be outdated in a bad way, but it held up amazingly. Honestly I'm going to try and find more tv shows like that from the 70s.
But back to the comics,
I like how Batman above any other character has been able to be molded and repurposed for any given time in pop culture. He can be serious or silly and no one will question it.
I especially love LEGO Batman.
I think Batman has done a masterful job with keeping up with the times and learning to adapt, but not loose himself entirely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Week 9

Week 13, the killing joke response