Week 11

For this week I have read through Fun Home by Alison Bechdel.
This graphic novel is unlike any other I have read so far. Mostly because there is such a range in artistic matter, from dynamic panels and "shots", to well drawn houses. All of which were done by the same person. I'd expect this versatility from the average comic book like Spiderman, but they usually have a large team to produce all of the comic book's content.
I was amazed at how vulnerable Alsion was able to be when making this novel, and how in depth she was able to tell her story.
My main critique for the novel, although its very trivial, is that there was a great deal of reading. I wished there was more visual symbolism throughout the novel.

Overall I was very moved by her work of art.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Week 9

Week 13, the killing joke response